Friday 17 October 2008


Today marks two years for this blog

On October 17, 2006, I wrote my first post on this blog. I have to admit blogging is addictive. I am not really sure why I started, but I am glad I did.

Over the course of the past two years a lot of exciting things have happened. The Conservatives had just won minority government ending 12 years of Liberal rule. The 2007 provincial election, the 2006 US election (that paved the way for the presidential election coming up November 4) and the Newmarket municipal election in 2006 were all fun to cover. The highlight of course was the recent election that saw the Conservative Party expand to 143 seats and of course the historic primaries that led me to campaign for Barack Obama on Super Tuesday in Chicago. Over the next couple of weeks, the focus will return to US politics and in mid-November, the Conservative policy convention in Winnipeg. Finally, I suspect the next Liberal leadership race will also be interesting to follow.

Blogging has led to many opportunities. What motivates me to post, is the people who take the time to read my opinions and engage in discussion through the comments section. The recent segment I did on the CBC National occured because they contacted me through this blog. Working with Reuters Voices without Votes website that is covering the foreign perspective on the US election has also been a priveledge. In the next few months, you will see more relationships with the national and mainstream media and this blog. Finally, expect more of a York Region focus in the future as I do not want to lose the local political perspective that I think is important.

I would like to thank Stephen Taylor and the Blogging Tories for all of the work that has been done to give the Conservatives a huge advantage online. I would like to thank all the people who take the time to visit this website, consider my opinions and express their views through the comments section. I would like to thank my provincial and federal riding associations in Newmarket-Aurora that put up with this blog and allow me to express my political opinions in public without trying to restrict the content. I think blogging and the internet will play a major role in our democracy going forward. I continue to admire blogs like Stephen Taylor, Steve Janke, Strong Conservative, Christian Conservative, Jason Cherniak, Warren Kinsella, Small Dead Animals, Western Standard and many others that offer something extra to political junkies while at the same time keeping the mainstream media on their toes.

Thank you for your support over these past two years. I hope to continue doing this for many years to come.

Thanks for reading...

Darryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY