Friday 8 October 2010

I am completely smitten by the exotic Belle Epoque designs of French fashion genius Paul Poiret. Visonnaire, the couturier has revolutionized the vestiaire Belle Epoque and still inspired today collections. Much of the inspiration for the coats, dresses, and accessories on runways today originated in Poiret's designs of almost 100 years ago. I have been struck by several showings this season, but one show in particular has stood out in my mind: Marchesa. Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig gave a stunning presentation for their Spring/Summer 2011 collection. But I couldn't help notice lot of references made to fashion history designers, Paul Poiret in particular.
A stated tribute to the King of fashion and his exotic oriental style or a lack in inspiration? Hope you enjoy my fashion history voyage! Do you think Marchesa can stand the comparison?
VIEW MORE >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

FREE HOT VIDEO | HOT GIRL GALERRY